Our Primary Client Goal is to Protect Your Privacy
Our Commitment to Privacy
Investment Planners, Inc. and IPI Wealth Management ("IPI") have always been committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security
of personal information entrusted to us by current and prospective clients. We are proud of our privacy practices, and we want you to know
how we protect your information.
How and Why We Obtain Personal Information
At IPI, we use personal information collected about you to provide you with the superior service you have come to expect from us. We may use
this information in order to develop, offer and deliver products and services; process transactions in your account; respond to inquiries
from you or your representative; or to fulfill legal and regulatory requirements. IPI may collect from areas that would include:
- From you or your representative on applications or forms (examples include name, address, Social Security number, birthdate, assets and
- From transactional activity in your account (examples include trading history and balances)
- From you or your representative regarding your preferences (such as paper statements vs. electronic statements, or the screen layout you
specify if you use our Internet site)
- From other sources with your consent or with the consent of your representative (for example, from other institutions if you transfer positions)
How We Protect Your Information
IPI has always considered the protection of sensitive information to be a sound business practice and a foundation of client trust.
IPI will internally safeguard your nonpublic personal information by restricting access to only those employees who provide products or services
to you or those who need access to your information to service your account. In addition, we will maintain physical, electronic and procedural
safeguards that meet federal and/or state standards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
Within IPI and among our service providers, we restrict access to information to those who require that access in order to provide products
and services to you. We may share the personal information that we collect with the following entities:
- Government agencies and law enforcement officials (for example, for tax reporting or under court order)
- Other organizations, with your consent or as directed by your representative to disclose to companies, to service your account as permitted
- Unaffiliated service providers (for example, fulfillment companies or securities clearinghouses).
IPI does not disclose any nonpublic information about you, except as permitted by law. You may hear reference to an “opt out” provision
at other firms. Since we do not disclose any nonpublic personal information except as permitted by law, there is no ability to “opt out.”